InSilico Genomics provides 21st century biologist and phyiscians with the tools to include new genome technologies in their daily practice.
Insilico Genomics is a spin off of the ULB and VUB and develops and commercializes InSilico, a complete bioinformatics solution developed by the founding team in the universities.
Products & Services
InSilico Genomics main product is InSilico DB (https://insilicodb.org)
and online complete bioinformatics solution.
The specific capabilities of InSilico DB allow to provide the following services for genome data:
- Storage of the data,
- Archiving of the Data,
- Computation on the Data,
- Security of the Data,
- Collaboration and data-sharing functions,
- Specialized “big data” hardware,
- Tier-1 internet connection,
- Documentation: example-based blog and scientific papers describing the software.
InSilico DB also offers the following services:
- Biocuration of private or public data,
- Bioinformatics consulting.
Innovative Aspects and Advantages
InSilico DB is enabling the genomics revolution, where:
- Medicine will be adapted to each patient’s individual genome
- Where each patient in a clinical trial will be genetically screened comprehensively
- Where each human will be sequenced at birth
InSilico DB contributes:
- An online, easy-to-use platform while managing all the complexity and security behind the handling of genome data
- A big data analytics platform capable of making sense of the deluge of genome data